Friday, January 23, 2009

Week 3 (Part 2) - Another Week Comes to An End!

With 10lbs off, I'm ready to head into week #4! Thanks for all of the encouragement and messages left on the blog! Keep me updated on how you're doing...and Andy (my trainer from Infinity Fitness) will keep answering any questions you might have! If you missed some of Andy's tips this week, here they are:


-Your body is in a fasting state while you sleep. That is why it is important to eat breakfast as soon as possible when you wake up to get your metabolism burning. If you break the word breakfast into 2 words it says BREAK FAST…when you eat breakfast you are “Breaking the fast” that your body is in!

-It is important to eat SMALL PORTIONS every 2-3 hours. This will give you a constant stream of energy all day instead of having those mid-afternoon crashes. You might feel stuffed all the time for a week or two but your body will soon speed up and actually burn MORE calories than it was before!

-It IS possible to eat too few calories. If you are trying to lose weight and not able to you might be starving yourself. If you are a woman eating less than 1200 calories or a man eating less than 1600 calories then chances are your metabolism is crawling because it is not being fed enough. Try adding calories over a couple days to your diet and you just might jump off that plateau!

-Limit the microwavable meals to 1-2 per week due to high amounts of sodium and preservatives; instead try cooking more, even if it is in advance.

-There are 2 kinds of carbohydrates, complex and simple carbs. Simple carbs are the bad ones and they are found in high sugar foods like pop, cakes and candy bars. These give you a “sugar high" and soon after leave you with less energy than before. Complex carbs are the good ones and they are found in foods such as whole wheat and whole grains, beans, fruits, vegetables and high fiber foods. These are preferred because they give you energy slowly over a long period of time.

-Park as far away as possible in the parking lots and take the stairs instead of the elevator to increase calories burnt throughout the day.

It's so great to see so many people making the decision to live a healthier lifestyle! God will honor that decision...keep up the GREAT work! If you want to find out more about my Personal Trainer, Andy, and Infinity Fitness...check out their website www.infinity-fit.com! They have some really fun things there for you!

David

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say way to go!! I have made lifestyle changes myself. I have got rid of pop even diet and changed from three sugars to one in each cup. I use one Splenda in my tea also,the Splenda I use has fiber. I am putting more fiber in my diet also. You have encourage me to do more. I am getting to incorporate more execise in my life too. Thanks for this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making the changes in your own life! It's never an easy thing, but definitely worth it! Keep up the great work and keep us posted!

    david

    ReplyDelete