Monday, January 5, 2009

Week 1 (Part 1) - Starting A NEW Life

So, it's day number 1 of a "Healthier '09"! Doubts and struggles fill my mind, as I'm sure they are filling yours if you have decided to join me on this crazy journey! But, those doubts and struggles are normal...and that's why God has given us each other...and that's why I've created this blog. An opportunity for me to talk and share my thoughts with you...and for you to talk to other people around central Ohio making a positive change in their life too! This is more than exciting for me...and I hope you feel the same way too!

Yesterday, my personal trainer (Andy Berger from Infinity Fitness), went grocery shopping with me. It was a LONG visit to the grocery store! He took me through each isle showing me what I should be eating...and what I should never eating. He taught me so much about that little "nutrition label" on all of the packages that I have NEVER looked at. So, now my fridge is packed with all of the healthier foods...but, foods that I still really enjoy eating. Here's my "grocery list"...maybe it can help you when you go shopping too!

Protein: chicken breast (NO breading), tuna, pork tenderloin, Egg Whites/Egg Beaters, Hamburger (90/10 or leaner), Sirloin Steak, Beans, Yogurt - Fat Free/Low Sugar, Skim Milk

Carbs: Brown Rice (GREAT for stir fry!!), Oatmeal, Special K cereal, Whole Wheat Bread/Wraps, Sweet Potatos, Cream of Wheat

Veggies: Lettuce, Mushrooms, Celery, etc.

Fruits: Strawberries, Bananas, Grapes, Peaches

Snacks: Clif Bars (They are in the Natrual food isles...YUM!!)

Drinks: water, green tea, coffee (use skim milk)

See...it's not so bad once you look at the list and actually buy the food! I really enjoy everything in my fridge! I had Special K and a Banana for breakfast this morning...YUM! I'm enjoying yogurt and almonds right now for my midday snack...and a delicious turkey sandwich and grapes are in store for lunch!

Well, let me know how things are going for you...as far as eating, exercising (I work out tonight for the first time with Andy!), etc...I'd love to hear from you! Keep your head up...we're going to do this thing TOGETHER! I'm excited to see where we all are at the end of March! I'll keep you posted throughout the 12 weeks! Good luck and God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment