Thursday, January 8, 2009

Week 1 (Part 3) - Live Life Making WISE Decisions

In Ephesians it says, "Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise." It was last night, during my prayer time and devotions, that I was asking myself..."why are you doing this 'healthier '09' thing?" And in my heart I know it is the WISE thing to do. We've been talking about being wise in my small group at Church. People struggle with different things...smoking, drinking, relationships, drugs...me, I struggle with food. That's just me being honest. So many times I think..."well, I can cheat...just once...one bowl of ice cream won't hurt me." But, if I'm trying to break that habbit and CHANGE, why would I allow it in my life even once? Will it be hard? Yes...but, it's the best thing for me...I can't allow what tempts me into my life at all. God will bless that.

I was thinking about my future family last night...my future wife and kids. They are the reason I'm doing this. It's not about how I look on the outside, because frankly I don't care what people think about the way my body is shaped. I want to be around for my wife and kids some day...to be a healthy part of their lives...to see my kids grow up, get married and have kids of their own. So, I refuse to let my "struggle" into my life, even once, during the next 12 weeks.

I say all of this to encourage you. Maybe you're going through the same temptation as you try to live that healthier lifestyle too...or, maybe your struggle is something different. I ask you to ask yourself..."What is the wise thing for me to do?" I promise you'll know the answer right away...it may not be the answer you like...but, it's the answer that will stretch you as a person and push you on to a bright future!

If you ever have questions for my trainer, Andy, he's SUPER helpful! He works at Infinity Fitness in Westerville...and he'd love to give you tips and answer any questions. Their website is www.infinity-fit.com! If you ever wanna share struggles or GREAT news with me, I'm hear to listen...and it doesn't necessarily have to do with eating and excercise. We'll be each other's cheerleaders...that's why this blog is here. God bless you! Here's that verse again...I LOVE it:

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise"

No comments:

Post a Comment