Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 3 (Part 1) - Time is flying...and the weight is too! :-)

I REALLY can't believe we are starting week number 3 today!! Time has been flying by...and I've heard so many stories of how God is using this to help transform lives and families...it's AMAZING! If you're working through this with me...keep up the amazing work! If you haven't started yet...it's never too late...hop on board!

It's lunch time right now, and I'm eating my turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with fresh strawberries...YUM! As I sit here stuffing my face, I have just been encouraged by so many people...that I thought I would encourage YOU! At the end of 2 weeks, I've lost a total of almost 10 pounds (Andy will be talking about that more on the show today...I hope you can listen between 3 and 7)! So, if you are feeling down or discouraged today, let me be the FIRST to pick you back up and tell you to keep going! The road may seem long and tough, but the end result is worth it! I've experienced those rough days too...we'll get through them together! Let me know how your doing...or, maybe you just want to leave an encouraging message for everyone doing this! If you have a question for Andy, you can post it here...or just log onto the Infinity Fitness website and get ahold of him directly (www.infinity-fit.com) .

Week 3...HERE WE COME!! Keep up the AMAZING work! God Bless!

David

3 comments:

  1. How can we encourage our families to be fit? What kinds of exercises can we do that will make it fun for kids to get involved too? What kinds of exercises can we do if we're just not able to get to a gym? Keep up the GOOD work everyone, it's worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing GREAT David. It is very difficult. I am in a challenge in Erie PA with BOBFM Radio. There are 8 of us representing various radio stations. It took years to put it on and in 6 weeks we are going to see who can get their BFI down. I go to the gym daily and I am following Andy's advice and your tips. I went shopping for the fruits, fiber, and veggies and I am preparing my meals and snacks with small portions in advance. THANKS SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike...
    This is a GREAT question, I wish more families would think this way! The biggest way to encourage families to be fit is to make it fun! It doesn't have to be called "the daily family workout session" because chances are it will be dreaded but all too often now days parents send their kids out to play while they sit in front of the TV. It is important for parents to get up and be active with their kids, after all you are the role model in yours kids lives! Whether it is playing Wii, tag, football, bike rides or an afternoon in the park, your relationship with your kids will get better and so will both of your health. Enrolling the kids in sports is a great way to keep them active for parents with busy schedules.

    Whether it is time or money that is preventing some of you from getting a gym membership, there is good news. With an exercise ball, a couple dumbbells and some resistance bands you can get a good full body workout in the comfort of your own home or even at your desk.

    Try this website to get ideas on exercises and to help learn proper form: http://www.sparkpeople.com/. Once there click on "Healthy Lifestyle" and scroll down to "Fitness". Then click on "Exercise Demos" and you will get a list of exercises you can use without a gym membership!

    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE! Feel free to ask questions and post successes and struggles as well! We are all in this together!

    ReplyDelete