Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Week 1 (Part 2) - I'm SO Sore

Last night was my first workout with Andy...and I'm definitely feeling it today! It's kind of an odd feeling...I have so much energy from working out...but, I can't use the energy...I can barely even lift my arms they are so sore!! :-)

But, I better get used to it...because I'll be doing SOME sort of exercise 7 days a week for the next twelve weeks. Here's my schedule...maybe you can incorporate some of the things i'm doing into your day:

Monday: Weights/Resistance

Tuesday: Cardio for 40 minutes

Wednesday: Weights/Resistance

Thursday: Cardio for 40 minutes

Friday: Cardio for 40 minutes

Saturday: Weights/Resistance
Cardio for 20 minutes

Sunday: Cardio for 40 minutes

At first, I thought that working out 7 days a week would be impossible, but when I look at the schedule it's really not that bad. It's only 40-60 minutes of my day. I don't know about you but I have had days where I have wasted more time than that...and If I can waste 40-60 minutes a day, I can definitely find time to improve my health! Even if you have kids in the home...there's the option of early morning workouts or later evening workouts...there's always time to better your health! I hope day TWO is going well for you! Keep me posted on things are going! You can leave comments here, email me (david@1049theriver.com), or call me in the studio 614-479-1049! If you ever get tired, worn out, or discouraged I hope you know that you have me cheering you on...and of course God, who is smiling at your effort to better the body He has given you! Keep up the GREAT work!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Everyone! I am David's personal trainer. I am SO excited everyone has come along for this journey!

    A few tips for everyone who is following along. Do not feel like you need to start out with 7 days/wk of exercise. If you have not exercised before and want to start slower then that is fine! 3-4 days of cardio and 1-2 days of weights is perfect. Reducing your calorie intake by 200-400 calories/day will also help as well.

    Continue to follow the blog and please post questions/comments/concerns and I too will try and respond when I can. My contact information is Andy.Berger@yahoo.com. If you want to contact me personally about a more personal question feel free!

    ReplyDelete