Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Week 7 (Part 1) - Sharing Stories and Encouragement

We're more than half way there! Keep up the great work!

You know...I've had several people come up to me and tell me how great I look now that I've lost 17lbs...and it's great to hear that, and it definitely encourages me. But, if looking different and losing weight is the only thing that comes from this...I've failed. My goal is definitely to lose weight and be healthier...but, on a bigger level to be a voice for those who struggle with eating. I want people to know that there is someone who knows what their going through...and understands that it's not just "laziness", which some people like to call it. It's an addiction...something that is very hard to let go of. It hasn't been easy sharing my struggle with so many people...but, my prayer is that through a "Healthier '09" people will be encouraged to march on...to get accountability...and to break into a better and healthier lifestyle. Then, do what I'm doing...speak out and encourage others!

I would love for you to share your story here. Maybe you're going through this journey right now too...and you can share your challenges and victories. Maybe you've already gone through it and are living a new and healthy lifestyle...you can encourage those of us who are working our way to that point! You voice is a voice of strength and encouragement!

I want you to know how faithful our God is...He's brought me away from a dependance on food to a dependance on Him...and to top it all off, He's even allowed me to lose 17lbs! Keep up the amazing work...and I look forward to hearing from you!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment