Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week 5 (Part 1) - Keep Going!!

We're at the beginning of week 5, and I've dropped over 12lbs! All I can say...God is faithful!

Maybe you're feeling what a lot of us have been feeling lately...ready to give up, ready to cave in to the temptation of food, ready to not care any more. Don't think I haven't been there, because I have struggled with eating my entire life! I've been there MANY times in the last few weeks, but it's always when I turn to God that He changes my perspective! I don't know about you, but it's usually when I mess up or "cheat" that I feel like quitting. But, God has showed me that He's not going to beat me up over one or two or even 10 slip-up's, so why should I beat myself up?? I'm not perfect...no one is perfect...so, there are going to be slip-ups...but, it's not the end of the world! Keep going!

That's the lesson I've been learning the last two weeks, and I have a feeling I'm not the only person in that place right now. Don't listen to those people that say you have to do everything perfectly in your diet and exercise or you are going to fail. It's not the truth. That would be like God saying, you have to live your life perfectly or I'm not going to love you. He NEVER says that...thank goodness! I'm going to do my BEST, and embrace and learn from my mistakes and slip-up's and I pray that you will do the same!

Keep up the great work, and keep me posted here on how you're doing! If you have a question or want to find out more about my trainer, Andy, you can leave him a comment here or check out the website for his gym (www.infinity-fit.com)! Keep going...never give up!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment